Subject: and the beat goes on ...
From: [email-masked] (Mike Godfrey)
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 97 19:20:02 EDT
Newsgroups: rec.humor.funny.reruns

Two jokes on the same theme ...

Q:  What do you call a guy who hangs out with musicians?

A:  A drummer.

---------------------

Another researcher arrives in Borneo to gather data for his thesis.
Accompanied by his trusty guide, he too seeks out a very remote locale
for researching the mating behaviour of the giant rat of Sumatra.

Around dusk of the first day, he's sitting by the campfire with his
guide when in the distance, he hears tribal drums.  They get louder.
The guide announces, "I don't like the sound of those drums."

The dusk turns evening.  The drums get louder.  The guide says, "I really
don't like the sound of those drums."

Evening turns to dead of night.  The drums get louder and louder, until
it is obvious that the drummers must be quite close.  The guide says
again, "I *really* don't like the sound of those drums."

Suddenly the drums stop, and a voice from the darkness cries out,
"Hey man, he's not our regular drummer!"

--
From the RHF archives as selected by Brad Templeton, Maddi Hausmann and
Jim Griffith.  This newsgroup posts former jokes from the newsgroup
rec.humor.funny.   Visit http://comedy.clari.net/rhf to browse the RHF pages
and archives on the web.

Take care in replying to postings in this group -- most were submitted
years ago.