- 6/24/06 -- Slang v1.4 released: bugfixes as usual, new optimizations,
%modulo operator, and userdef file for adding new commands.
- 4/3/06 -- Slang v1.3 released: bugfixes, ++ (increment) and
-- (decrement) operators, and +=, -=, *=, /= operators.
- 3/5/06 -- Slang v1.2 released: pointers, updated core. New
documentation (slangcommands.txt, below). Updated slangref.
Updated simpleio (IDE64 support).
Updated xlang, including Windows binary. GDK sprite editor
released (v0.9). Lots uv stuff! For more info, click
- 1/21/06 -- Slang v1.1 released. Plus some new programming utilities
(joymenu, simpleio). Plus, I'm trying to revamp the webpage to
make it more fridge-like and organized.
- 11/20 -- BIG NEWS: Slang v1.0 has been released. Plus, xlang
has been updated.
Plus, a new demo program.
Plus, a new slangref_tiny.rtf.
Plus, a new BBS.
Plus, a new
Scroll down for details! Almost two years after starting,
Slang is now "official".
- 9/17 -- slangexpo.zip Beta 1.15 updates
plus a new demo program. I'll fix up the webpage properly in a day
- 7/10 -- Beta1.14
now available, along with a
xlang0710.zip update. This update fixes a small bug with Slang
(sub asm regvars were case sensitive), and fixes up a bunch of
stuff related to xlang ($0a line termination stuff, PUTfile stuff).
Also, there's an article
that appeared in the
July issue of cevi-aktuell, which gives an overview of Slang.
- 7/5 -- Well crapola; looks like the xlang0611.zip file was hosed.
It has been removed and replaced with
- 6/14/05 -- I've received a few "user contributions", and made a new
area for them below. These ones are a PDF/OpenOffice version
(and hence more readable) of the slang quick reference, from Christian
Lott, and a set of patches+makefile from MagerValp to install
Slang and the bin/ stuff into standard (unix) directories.
- 6/11/05 -- Yay, new update. Beta1.13 features optimization: better
code for loops/if-then/etc., better code for expression evaluation.
xlang0611.zip contains updated rom-a000 and rom-e000 files.
- 5/21/05 -- Update to beta1.12 (logical NOT, bug fixes, better xlang
functionality), updated xlang to xlang0521.zip (some bug fixes).
slangref.txt and the xlang docs have been updated as well.
- 4/23/04 -- Updated xlang to xlang0423.zip (misc bug fixes from
iAN CooG; see the CHANGELOG for details).
- 4/17/05 -- Updated Slang to beta1.11; xlang has also been updated
slightly (fixed fopen problem with Win systems, uses beta1.11).
- 2/21/05 -- Added xlang, a cross-platform
version of slang (like, run it on your PC).
- 1/8/05 -- Added Slang tutorial,
aimed especially at BASIC programmers, to docs section, below.
- 1/4/05 -- Added slang command quick reference and jammon docs to
docs section, below.
Slang is a Commodore 64/6502 programming language. It runs on a SuperCPU-
equipped Commodore, and generates code which runs on a stock Commodore.
Have a look around the page to see what it can do.
I have been working on Slang steadily for over two years now. There is
almost 2000 blocks -- 500k --
of source code, and the code is one continuous chunk of code
from $0801-$a800 or so, plus another 5-6k for the compiler commands. The
code was developed on a SuperCPU-equipped 64, using Sirius.
Here's hoping that at least someone out there finds it
- Mailing list: To join the Slang Hackers email list, click
here. You can also send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org containing "help".
- BBS: The BBS is now hosted on the ever ruling Driven Online site.
http://drivenonline.org/forum to have a look.
The Basic Stuff. Start here if you're new to Slang.
- slangv14.zip. Main binary and supporting
files. To use, load and run "slang1.4.o". Note that Slang
requires a SuperCPU to run! But if you don't have a SCPU,
- xlang0624.zip -- Cross-development version
of Slang (slangv1.4). Includes Windows (DOS) binary.
- slangref_tiny.rtf A compact
listing of Slang commands.
Last updated: 06/24/06 (%modulo added)
- slangcommands.txt Big explanatory
command summary including compiler, assembler, and linker.
Last updated: 04/03/06 (new operators ++, --, +=, -=, etc. added)
- slangfaq.txt Some Slang programming
questions and answers.
Last updated: 03/05/06
- slangtut1.txt A simple Slang tutorial,
aimed especially at BASIC programmers making the transition.
Game Development Kit
- joymenu.zip Some routines for
creating joystick-controlled menus in Slang programs. Includes
source and example code (petscii). Ascii source of main code is
- simpleio.f.s.txt Four easy routines
for performing IO: READ, WRITE, OPEN, CLOSE. IDE64 support added
by Soci. Petscii source is
- grdemo.zip Hires bitmapped graphics
demo, using grlib library. SYS 4096 to run, press key to advance.
ASCII source at
- spritedemo.e.s.txt Demonstration of
a joystick controlled sprite over a smooth scroll.
- slangdemo1.p.s.txt Full demo
a DYCP, scroll, and bouncing sprites. Compiled code is
SLANGDEMO1.O -- load and RUN to
- slangdemos.zip. Some demo programs,
including scrolls, sprites, bitmap graphics, and a DYCP.
Source and binary. These will run on a stock machine.
- mvpatch.zip Xlang patches and makefile
to put stuff in more useful (unix) directories. From MV.
- slang2.pdf Nicely formatted/printable
version of the slang quickref. From Christian Lott.
- slang.sxw Open Office document of above.
Stephen L. Judd