El Cheapo Assembler
El Cheapo Assembler is a 65816 assembler for SCPU-equipped Commodore 64s.
My short-term goal was to create a simple and useable assembler, powerful enough to
develop programs of at least moderate complexity. My long-term goal is to
make it suitable for Really Quite Large program development, and to have sufficient
features to assemble all of my previous programs.
- 11/14 Added v1.4 -- many bug fixes, minor enhancements, jammon v2.2.
This will probably be the last version to run without SuperRAM.
- 9/99 Added cbud.zip code to
help convert Buddy files.
- 2/25/99 v1.1 released -- fixes a bad BAD BAD bug!!! Comments
following numerical arguments now don't screw everything up!
- 2/11/99 v1.0 released!
Current features include:
Note that it will actually run without a SCPU, but object code cannot be saved.
- Full 65816 opcode support
- Integrated editor/assembler/monitor
- True local labels
- Useful pseudo-opcodes for handing data, strings, disk i/o, relocating code
- Conditional assembly
- More to come!
Plain ascii text
- cheap816.zip Distribution file (binaries and
Stephen L. Judd